ArtsLink is here for you:
We know how important your creative activities and classes are to you. ArtsLink is committed to supporting you through these unusual times and we are working hard to find alternative ways of bringing artistic opportunities to you:
- Our new Art at Home page in the What’s On section provides you with lots of art activity ideas you can do at home. Click here to go straight there.
- The Art for Memory and Art for Parents groups have received creative packs in the post which provide materials, ideas, and instructions plus a little bit of contact with the outside world.
- Parkinson’s Dance exercises have been filmed by our specialist Parkinson’s Dance tutors and videos to keep movement and dancing are now available online or via DVD.
- Virtual Classrooms are now available with James Budden for our Oils and Portrait classes, along with a weekly drawing class open to everyone.
Please do keep doing your art practice at home! We would love to see what you create – please take a photo and share it with us on social media – see the links at the bottom of the page.
Stay safe and keep on creating!
“Art is something which makes you breathe with a different kind of happiness” Anni Albers
Helping people experience a better quality of life through creative engagement
Sherborne ArtsLink opens the door to:
• Art courses
• Art workshops
• Special wellbeing sessions
• Talk, lectures and artist demonstrations
• Local film screenings
• Exhibitions and special events
Based in, but not restricted to, Sherborne, Dorset we welcome everyone to join our activities and events whether they live locally, further afield or are visiting the area from elsewhere.
Coronavirus and ArtsLink activities
As from 18 March ALL face to face classes and workshops are suspended until further notice.
ArtsLink staff are working from home and plans for a safe reopening of activities in the Autumn are being made.
ArtsLink office is closed to the public. So, please contact us by email as we are not able to answer our phone at present.
We will continue to post further information as soon as it is available. Thank you for your understanding, we very much appreciate your patience and support.
“I can’t believe how proud it made me seeing my work on display: I never thought I could do that”
“The class is encouraging, informative, it is a joy to be here”
“Before coming to dance I couldn’t stand, but now I can and find standing and walking easier”
ArtsLink Fizz: Parkinsons Dance
“It made me realise I can still do things that I thought I couldn’t do. It just pushes you”.
ArtsLink Fizz: Art for Memory
“Thank you for an excellent and challenging course”
“it makes you do it at home as well, it inspires you to do what you wouldn’t normally do at home”. “I painted all the garden furniture!”
ArtsLink Fizz: Art for Parents
“ArtsLink offers a community as well as art lessons”
ArtsLink Tutor observation
“The class was helpful and fun. I was really, really happy”
ArtsLink Course Participant